So, as many of you know I am on a bit of a diet. I’m not really overweight…just a little puffy and being that I’m bald every ounce shows. I know I need to watch what I eat but the same old kibble morning and night gets so monotonous. From time to time a doxie just needs treats! I have found recently however that mom has become increasingly stingy with handing them out. (I find this incredibly unfair as I often see her stuffing cookies down her throat when dad isn’t looking.) But that’s a different story.
I have developed some techniques on how to get more treats with minimal effort. These techniques have been working pretty well for me so I thought I would share them with you in hopes that you too will be able to procure adequate amounts of yummy snacks.
1. The Bait and Switch- Get one of your skinny siblings to beg for a treat and then when your human is handing them out stroll over and look up with your most pathetic look. The guilt will get to them and soon you’ll be devouring a yummy bite.
2. The Cold Shoulder – If I withhold snuggles and licks from my mom she gets all worried that something is wrong and is practically begging for my affection. This technique requires some willpower but it works nine times out of ten. Eventually she bribes me with cheese and I am gulping down delight and getting a belly rub. 1 stone, two birds.
3. The Whimper – Humans are defenseless against this sound. Don’t overdo it, but every 3 minutes or so let out a small, weak, and pitiful whine while staring at the treat cupboard. Then just wait for the snacks to come rolling your way.
4. The Weakest Link – In my house this is my dad. He feels bad for being at work all day and not playing with us enough so I often go to him and beg for treats because I know it will usually work. If you can manage to sit pretty or do some other simple trick, the weaker link will almost always give in.
5. The Steal – This technique can be difficult to master without getting into a wee bit of trouble but with practice you can learn to quickly and secretly steal almost anything off of your humans plate while another pack member acts as the distracter. If you are an only pet, go to the door and bark like someone is outside and then when your human goes to investigate run back to the plate and lick up your favorite side.
These are my top 5 SNACK ATTACKS. I would love to hear how you get your yummies so leave me a comment. Let’s share the love here Weenies!
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to look at my other pages and to clicky clicky on the ads. Even if you don't buy anything you can help raise money for doxies just by looking at the ads.